Blessings Through Trials
Blessings Through Trials
Harts of Teal, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization focused on raising awareness of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer in the community and raising money to fund early detection. We are also very passionate about the well-being of other women and their families embarking on this journey. As ovarian cancer survivors, we are aware of the hardships a cancer diagnosis incurs on a family. It is very important that each woman diagnosed feels they have a support system and resources to help them focus on their treatment and overall health. We have launched a new campaign called “Blessings Through Trials.” It is important to us to support local communities through support groups, prayer, and fellowship.
- Teal Sister Support: We have formed a small group that meets monthly to share in our blessings and trials as we do life together. Our group offers a unique atmosphere focused on friendship and encouragement. Ovarian cancer is a lonely cancer and one that no woman needs to walk through alone. No two women have the same story, each one has their own unique diagnosis, set-backs, challenges, and victories. We hope that sharing in these times will help each woman feel connected and supported. We also hope to be a support for families and children as their loved ones as we feel like the whole family is affected. If you are not local to us, we would also love to help you start your own Teal Sister Support in your area.
- Resources and Partnerships: Many hospital websites list their services offered and many are free to patients and family members. We encourage everyone to seek these opportunities out and be your own best advocate. We have also linked up with other organizations to help women find the resources they need. A few of these are Cancer Fighters, CTCA, Piedmont, Northside, and Clearity.
- Blessings in Bloom: If you or someone you know has lost a loved one, we want to help you honor them with a Blessings in Bloom card. Each card has a unique paper butterfly that is full of wildflower seeds. These butterflies can be planted and flowers will bloom in honor of the loved one. Please reach out to us if you would like to receive one or would like for us to send one on your behalf. See picture below.
- Donations to Honor Her: If you would like to make a donation to Harts of Teal in honor of someone who has been affected by ovarian cancer, we would love to send a special acknowledgment card to the family to show your thoughtfulness. Donations can remain anonymous if preferred. It will brighten someone’s day to see that someone was thinking of them and gave toward a cause so near and dear to them. See picture below.
- Blessing Bags: We would like to offer a blessing bag to women in treatment full of items to help them through chemotherapy. If someone you know is going through treatment for ovarian cancer, please reach out to us. We will make sure that they receive a Blessing Bag from Harts of Teal. We are also very grateful to our community for donating items for these bags. If you would like to donate items, please let us know. We also would like to know if the patient has young children, so we can help alleviate some of the fear and transition during treatment with some little goodies to take their mind off of everything.
- How can you help? It is our hope that you will partner with us to expand our outreach for women diagnosed in central and southern Georgia. All tax-exempt donations are accepted in the form of cash, check, or via our website. We plan to implement this campaign in our local communities, doctors’ offices, and hospitals. We are so appreciative of your support.
If you or a person that you know is going through an ovarian cancer diagnosis, please send them to www.hartsofteal.org to learn more about our organization, connect, or volunteer. Together we can give a voice to the whispers of ovarian cancer.
Save the date for our 2nd Annual Harts of Teal 5K / 1M Color Run scheduled for July 9, 2022, Fayetteville, GA